View Single Post
Old 06.19.2014, 11:53 AM   #217
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
After 86 season half of the Twin Towers (Ralph Sampson) was injured and gone, several players were gone from Rockets for cocaine use, and the team imploded. Dream stayed with the team and fought and got better and better.

In 86 Finals Dream was in his second year. They beat the Lakers 4-1 to go to Finals.

He was only other person other than Jordan (GOAT) to even get votes in rookie of year ballots.

Dream lost several MVP races because of media bias against Houston teams. He deserved in several times. Dream was never a braggart, never did anything to try and focus attention on him. He never stated that he would win "not one, not two, not three..." championships. He was not a made-for-TV product.

Dream and Tom Duncan share a lot of the same traits.

In 94 and 95 (championship years) he was the only Rocket All-Star.

I posit that the very best players make those around them rise up to greatness themselves. Jordan did that with his team mates, Dream did that. They both led by example and hard work, not by TALK.

LeBron has not shown that he makes his teammates better. That is truly the only knock I have about his game. His public persona? I have a shitton of knocks against that shit!