View Single Post
Old 04.05.2010, 12:41 PM   #16
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I can't stand effects pedals for myself, and they are overused, but that's not a hard-and-fast rule. I like what some people do with them. And some people use them as a crutch. Ebows are often used by Keith Rowe, who's one of the greatest guitarists this fair country has produced. They are also used by stock post-rock bands, poorly.

Essentially, it's odd criticising pedals when you're using amps - it's hardly like the average amp produces the same tone as the acoustic tone of a guitar. Most rock is 'synthetic', but I hardly think that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|