View Single Post
Old 01.22.2018, 07:21 PM   #4912
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Dude, fair enough, but his stories are the bedrock of an entire genre. For better or worse, dude was inventive as fuck.

There are some anthologies out there where other, better authors like Neil Gaiman and... I dunno, some others... write ABOUT Lovecraft characters, or in a Lovecraftian style. I haven’t read any of them, but maybe they’d be cool.
Gaiman is one of my favorites, and he’s taken Lovecraft’s love of made-up mythologies and pushed it into a more dynamic direction, where it’s not really Horror or even fantasy anymore, but something akin to (very) adult fairy tales, rooted in real mythologies, be they Celtcic, Norse or what have you.

Anyhoodle...

what’s so inventive about “cyclopean” this or that? inventive were the people who came up with the cyclops.

anyway, sure, the aggregated mythology: i got it already when demoņo explained it.

this is why i said i’ll read the cliff notes: to get the mythology without paying the troll toll.

but no fucking way i’m eating the shit sandwich.

ETA: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu_Mythos plus links
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|