View Single Post
Old 03.09.2016, 07:45 PM   #114
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
hooker with a penis is a good song.

but they seem like guys who go around calling people faggots. I don't miss the 90's one bit.

Yeah. And Hooker with a Penis is one of those "ok" moments I was referring to. Musically anyway. Lyrically, it's a goddamn shitshow. I get the "I'm the man you're the man he's the man as well" line... clever enough... and yeah I hate it when people get all preachy about how so-and-so "sold out" just because they got some attention, or altered their sound a bit.

BUT those lyrics are just abismal. Dope Beastie tee? Nipple rings? OGT? Jesus Christ man, eat shit. Real cool guys don't care what douchebags think.

Also, I come from NIN stock. I know it's silly, but I always felt like there was kind of a competition between the two. They were roughly the same level of popularity and dealt in comparable if not truly similar kinds of dark brooding quasi-goth. But while Trent Reznor tempered his absurdity with ingenius compositions and a serious approach to crearing electronic music for the masses, Tool seemed to stagnate.

Guess that's why Trent Reznor is an Academy Award winning composer now, and Maynard is busy portraying "satirical" rednecks in Puscifer music videos, looking and acting like a giant fucking asswad.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|