View Single Post
Old 06.08.2015, 01:04 AM   #9
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
The reality is, and while I trust Buzz's take on things, is that not everyone knows everything about everyone. I always doubted the "bridge" story as well, but then again he obviously knew that the bridge was there, and whose to say whether he spent time there or not? Unless Buzz followed him around 24/7 (which did not happen) there is no way for he himself to be certain. How many people have discovered after knowing someone for a number of years that they were gay, or maybe had a hidden drug issue, anything? People tend to be full of surprises. But yeah....lots of the "mythology" surrounding Kurt has been debunked through the years and these clarifications are there/available to anyone who cares about facts and what not. I like the myths. I like the facts, too. Art isn't always about the facts and sometimes the "stories", true or false, aid in keeping things interesting. Give the listener/viewer further ideas to ponder when observing. I've never really felt that the truth should get in the way of a good story. Not always, anyway. I mean, why? I think some of these stories have probably helped people in indirect ways. Younger people who needed to believe that this guy had been through certain things they could identify with when turning to the music as a means of escapism OR to feel as if someone, somewhere, could identify with whatever it was they themselves were experiencing. Nirvana was very bright and happy. Nirvana was very dark and fucked up. They are many things to many different people and I think this is largely why the world hasn't forgotten them and we're still, after all these years, sitting around chatting about this stuff.