View Single Post
Old 05.02.2017, 03:32 PM   #122
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
When this was album was first announced I immediately liked the name and hoped that that was a good indication that the record would be good.

Then I listened to some early live tracks and it just sounded like the same old stuff and all my optimism dissipated.

I sort of forgot about it until hearing it was out last Friday and so I went and bought a copy on Saturday. I liked it right away and it's growing on me with each subsequent listen. Definitely his strongest solo effort since Psychic Hearts for my money. The sprawling feel of the songs is reminiscent of Murray Street-era Sonic Youth for me. Sedwards juicy solos feel perfectly appropriate for the 70s-esque record title. Yes, all in all I approve of this album. Cusp sounds like it could be Arcade Fire or something hehe. I do mean that as a compliment. This is a good record indeed. Perfect for spring.

Just bought tickets to see him live in Glasgow next month.