Thread: Grass Widow
View Single Post
Old 11.24.2010, 11:28 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I love this band, I just discovered them at the Wild Flag gig at the spaceland last week. I had heard of em, but not heard them, nor given half a chance considering the myriad of new music to sort through out there..

but they opened for wild flag and I was not disappointed. I loved their minimalist yet intricate guitar/bass work, the driving and delightful drumwork, and of course the highlight post-riot grrl female vocal harmonies which is the thing now for this scene and these ladies pull it off as good as CSN&Young! I'm seeing it described sort of as surf music, and while I can hear it, I would say its not quite, it has too much of a 94 Olympia sound to be surf music.

I have been downloading a few things and trolling around some other places and I love what I am hearing, almost as much as I enjoyed the wild flag show itself! I really like this band, a new favorite already in heavy rotation.

anyone else?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|