View Single Post
Old 11.23.2009, 07:07 PM   #66
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
no?

GSP/whatever name they are called aren't free, you just pay it off when you start working as a % of your income, deducted like a tax. It's a loan from the govt. You can apply for Government Sponsred spots at uni, or fully paid spots, the amount of places(and required study scores) for each type vary each year/course depending on the amount of people who applied the previous year and their enter scores ( and probably a host of other things ). Our universities used to be completely free, but that changed decades ago. Everyone who works in govt now never paid anything to study, that's why (imho) none of them understand what it is like to be a student now.

It is one thing I believe very strongly in, that if anyone in a society wishes to educate themselves on any topic, they should be given the opportunity. Regardless of social/financial/"need for that kind of 'qualification' in our market". The moment you start restricting education is the moment the society is doomed to fail in the long term.

private college type places like SAE are rarely government sponsored though, they usually only take full fee and offer scholarships.

ah ok... so either i misunderstood or the dudes i talked to are dumb

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|