View Single Post
Old 10.10.2007, 01:41 PM   #135
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
floatslow, you are making the philosophical fallacy of assuming that you hang with a representative cross-section of people.

for example, most liberal democrats in the last election (USA) could rightfully say "John Kerry will win. Everyon eI know is voting for him." the fallacy lies in that you only know people like yourself, ussually, or for the most part.

as someone like you or I, who likes weird music, we will gravitate towards people with the same mindset, so of COURSE the girls you know would be more likely to enjoy sonic youth!

go to a mall and ask women there. go to a fucking my chemical romance show and ask them. go to the closest sports stadium and ask the thousands of women there.

sonic youth lady fans are few and far between when you take the whole set of women into account, or even the sub-set of women who listen to music.