Thread: Best Coast
View Single Post
Old 11.26.2010, 03:01 AM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
There's not much to the album, it's another one of those dum Dum Girls/Vivian Girls type bands without being as good, imo. But.. you know what? I like it just fine.

The simple songs, simple riffs, and simple melodies are simple, yes, but also appealing -- nothing groundbreaking, there's no depth to it whatsoever, but it's also not BAD. And that's important. She has a good voice... the songs sound good. There may be much to it, all in all, but just decent songwriting and good melodies (and the album is SHORT, thankfully -- even one minute longer would have been overkill) is good enough for me to give it a pass. All in all, not as good as Vivian Girls (since they're a lot sloppier and noisier and have a cooler sound imo) but about a trillion times better than that boring Blink-182wannabe Waves band... oh, and I think this band is a billion times better than Pocahaunted too. Nothing lifechanging, but there's plenty of good melodies on here, and that is ultimately very important to me -- most bands can't write a good melody to save their life. Even if these melodies are mostly taken from 60's girl groups, it still is a sound that appeals to me.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|