View Single Post
Old 09.04.2011, 12:51 AM   #15104
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryHill51
Really loved this film. I feel it didn't get the recognition it deserves as being a hard core apocalypse film. In and out of theaters and no one talks about it. Then again, I'm a huge John Hillcoat fan. For a truly unnerving experience, see his "Ghosts.... of the Civil Dead" or "The Proposition" which is one of the most horrific westerns ever made!

I think the fact it was a genre film was what stood in the way of that recognition. That and the fact it wasn't made in Europe. I'm sure, had it been made in Russia or Scandinavia, that the critics would've salivated over it far more than they did.

I didn't know Hillcoat made Ghosts of the Civil Dead but it makes perfect sense now you mention it. I can't believe I still haven't seen The Proposition.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|