View Single Post
Old 06.06.2012, 06:37 AM   #43921
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Murmer99 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99

This is absolutely my favorite album of all time. A friend of mine criticized it for the guitars sounding "disjointed"... which I think at times is one of the most appealing things to me about it. It's entwined with some very catchy hooks like in "The 15th" (a pop song, really) and Map Ref. but overall it's one of the most unpredictable albums I've ever sat through. I never thought much of it when I first got into them until I started playing it repeatedly in my car while driving. For me this album is about isolation, and if at any moment it feels "disjointed", it's probably intentional. It certainly doesn't lack integration though. This is their most complete album.

There also is no bad song on here, and I'd show it to anyone who asked me to give a demonstration of a perfect record. My favorite piece of work that illustrates alienation and solitude. It truly emits the best atmosphere as well. Though I love Joy Division, this masters that whole tenebrous mood and loneliness better than anything they've done in my honest opinion.