View Single Post
Old 01.12.2007, 11:37 AM   #35
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has some REALLY embarrassing members that the Hall claims are fantastic musicians. But they're not. Awful bands like The Bee Gees, The Eagles, Elvis Pressley, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, the Police and the Jackson 5 (who were not a rock and roll act at all). The idea of the Hall of Fame seems right until you realize that they let people in more for being famous rather than good musicians. I hope SY will someday be recognized by the R&RHoF, until then, SY can tell them to fuck off.

are you kidding? the HoF is not about great musicianship. they inducted the sex pistols after all.

the Bee Gees played from 1955 on, a LONG time. (they are OLD) and did not do just disco.
The eagles are , regardless of how you may feel, (and I HATE THEM!), the epitome of american classic rock. they were loaded with talented musicians.
Bruce Springsteen can put on a different 4 hour show every night and does with regularity, with rock music that is just as emotional, heartfelt, and honest as U2, who are also in the hall.
The Police were fucking FANTASTIC MUSICIANS! what are you talking about??????? they are fucking great as well.
elvis presley played guitar, piano, bass, and drums, he was never allowed by parker to do this in performance more than just a guitar, because it did not fit into the mold they had created. he was a fine musician, and his voice is an instrument and in that he was an outstanding musician.

the Hall also honors peoplethat were influences on early rock,a nd people who infleucned rock as it progressed. that is why someone like aretha franklin is honored. noone is claiming she ROCKS, you know.