View Single Post
Old 08.10.2010, 08:45 AM   #3
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
I think he got a pretty distinct style. especially his percussion driven almost "experiemntal" OSTs like for the dark knight.
"why so serious?" aka the jokers theme. consists 8 minutes of 1 note, just in the last minute a second note is being introduced. and its impressive what kind of soundscape he creates with that.
I like that he tends to be experimental in such a tradition-driven environment like hollywood.

regarding the inception OST:
Ive read some comparisons to the blade runner vangelis OST. I totally disagree.
Of course he introduces in the second half of the longest tune one the disc some similar sax-sounding analog synths, which really reminded me of vangelis work in the early 80ies (which I truly love), BUT Zimmer isnt capable of creating such beautiful melodies like vagelis.
Zimmer is best in ceating atmosphere, and tension. thats what he is best in IMO. and "Mombasa" is one of the best examples I think.
Listened to it today on a audiophil Sound system and there were goosebumps everwhere. I cant resist this chord progression

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|