Thread: Grinderman!
View Single Post
Old 08.01.2010, 12:08 PM   #9
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubarret
Middle-aged birthday party half ass coverband.

Still miles ahead of cave latest 'solo' album

I think it would be ridicilous, if Grinderman will try to be like Birthday Party. I think there is same kind of aggression, but Grinderman perform it much mature way than Birthday Party. Grinderman doesnīt try to be something they arenīt. The Stooges "Weirdiness" is good example of that, when old men try to be as "rock" as they are young. I think there is something same in Bad Seeds latest album and Grinderman first, though Bad Seeds are not so rough anymore.

I think youth is very overrated in western countries. If you think everyone who is middleaged become boring (house cars good job wife kids etc) youīre wrong. But you have to accept, that you are not the same when you come in middle-age. I donīt need the aggression of young bands anymore, because Iīm not young anymore. And I think the young bands today have so different thing than in my youth that it doesnīt work to me. Of course itīs very good, if young persons find same kind of new bands as Birthday Party was in my youth and feel the old bands boring.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|