View Single Post
Old 10.10.2008, 03:02 PM   #294
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
the new sic alps, "u.s. ez" is out, and its amazing. only needed one listen to know i loved it. damn, these new siltbreeze records are just everything id want rock n roll to be.

I like that one, too, but it falls into the next 10 best albums for me. Their pinnacle of achievement thus far was that Description of the Harbor LP that was available on vinyl for the blink of an eye on Awesome Vistas. That came out late in 2007, though.

It actually got comped onto that Long Way Round to a Short Cut CD which includes all of their 7" material and an otherwise unavailable track in addition to that album. That's definitely worth picking up.

Not sure if any copies are still lingering anywhere, but another cool thing the Sic Alps did this year was a one-sided 7" with a cover of "United" by Throbbing Gristle. It came out on Important in a buncha different colors. Blank label, no sleeve...destined to become a cool little mystery record in decades to come. It's a pretty blissful cover of that song.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|