View Single Post
Old 04.21.2016, 11:01 AM   #31
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
With this new PJ-album and also many others I have to mention one man: John Parish. I donīt believe Polly would become as great as she is without him. Maybe too much to compare them to Lennon-McCartney, but I believe John really be with Polly when making arrangements into her songs. Also hard to understand why Johnīs solo career seem to be really underrated. I love all his albums, they are really personal mix of Beefheart, Syd Barrett & J.J. Cale.

Ok, I'm showing my own ignorance here, but when did Parish become involved with her solo albums?

I know he was in Automatic Dlamini, and I know they released A Woman a Man Walked By and Dance Hall at Louse Point (both great albums) together, but I'm woefully ignorant of the extent to which he's been involved with her other albums.

If I'm reading what you're writing correctly, he's a regular collaborator? Was involved with Hope Six? Would you mind explaining a little more.

The only PJ albums I have on hard copy at this point in my life are Dry, Rid of Me, TBYML, Stories..., and Let England Shake, so I don't have access to many of the liner notes to check for myself.

Bought hope six on iTunes, but I think I'm gonna order a hard copy because it's just turning out to be a major fucking record for me this year. And I used to have her entire discography on cd or vinyl, but moving, navigating storage units and running afoul of ex-girlfriends who were in possession of my shit has lead to the unexplained disappearance of many of my cd's and LPs.

Don't piss off your significant others and leave them with stashes of your personal belongings folks. I lost an entire comic book collection, a guitar, and about 300 albums to my previous girlfriend in 2007. Still stings.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|