View Single Post
Old 09.26.2013, 08:13 AM   #38
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
You´re really a fan of stereotypes. How you then explain that Tom Waits has made his greatest records after getting in some age & still makes great records? If someone says his latest record placid, more lanquid & boring, I think he should go to the eartest. I know you don´t like Nick Cave, but he´s latest album is also one of the greatest albums of the year and he was like a animal in a gig. Also Dr. John´s latest album is really close he´s four first albums.

I have always found Tom Waits boring as fuck. he also did not have a huge early career in aggressive punk and rawk music. apples and oranges. Same with Dr. John.

I am talking more about bands and musicians who made their name with aggressive rock n roll and then proceed in their later years to create standard, boring songs.

Neil Young is ancient for a rocker and still rocks mad-ass. He was always a folkie to start with though so his folk records later on are a continuation of what he has always done.