View Single Post
Old 07.27.2006, 11:27 PM   #214
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
No, unfortunately. I really want to though. No one likes any of the same music I do, and when I try to get a band together with them anyway, they don't follow through.

I know exatly how you feel, man. Almost all of the people I knwo who play instruments and are even the slight bit interested in playing in a band have shitty taste in music. They don't match up with me at all. Just recently, I tried to pull my friend Billy (who used to be a good guitarist before he quit playing) into this pseudo-band (we're trying to get some people) that some of us are trying to form. He said he'd be interested, but I know for a fact his musical preferences are kinda crummy and differ greatly from my own. He has no idea who Sonic Youth is (let alone all of the other indie/alternative/good rock bands I listen to) and the closest he's ever come to hearing anything close to my musical preferences would be Nirvana, which he isn't a big fan of. Shit just doesn't work out the way you want. I only know a couple of other people who like the same music that I do and one is 13 years older than me and is also my guitar teacher. But he already has a full-time job, a house, mortgage, family, and a band of his own so he wouldn't be interested in hanging out with a bunch of young college students who are mediocre musicians.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|