View Single Post
Old 09.06.2008, 05:59 PM   #3297
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Oh man, do I love this album. I don't think ANOTHER BEDROOM holds up quite as well, but the album is incredible.

I largely agree about Another Bedroom, but 'It Rained' makes it worth it. One of the best songs on it. I also wish they'd kept the whole of the EP on side 4, instead of having the first track of it close out side 3, because it means you have to race to the turntable to stop it at 'Let The Blind Lead..." if you want experience just the album.

As for the album proper, yeah, it seems excellent. I've yet to listen to it enough to judge whether it ranks higher than Cryptograms, but I feel it may well in the end. It just has a really wonderful vibe to it. I've played it through 3 whole times in less than 24 hours, which is a lot when you consider it's competing with the Ayler set (which, incidentally, is, aesthetically at least, possibly the most beautiful musical item I've owned. The music obviously needs no talking up)
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|