View Single Post
Old 12.20.2016, 01:20 AM   #20267
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
This is and always will be one of my absolute favorite movies of all time. Lynch's best if you ask me. Fucking genius. Also, hilarious... not a lot of people see the hilarity in it, and I've freaked out a few girlfriends by breaking out into full LOLZ during the movie, but it's the best of coffee-black comedy... mixed, of course, with almost unwatchable horrorjfic awfulness. But DAMN what a movie.

It's his best film I've seen (still yet to watch The Straight Story and Inland Empire). Not sure about the lolz, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Dennis Hopper needs to play Donald Trump in an Oliver Stone movie some day.

Fuck yes! Genius idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I like the first half of Descent way more than the second half. Claustrophobia was the best monster in that movie.

I do know what you mean. My main issue with the 1st half wasn't so much the long build up but the fact I found all the main characters pretty irritating, so once the horror element kicked in more fully, the film was able to focus more on that than them. But yes, the whole setting and situation was creepy as fuck.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|