View Single Post
Old 08.14.2010, 03:09 AM   #63
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is considered by many to be the first horror film ever made. I haven't seen it so I can't really say if it's "scary" or not, but it was certainly more twisted than anything else of the time.

Saw Night of the Demons talked about earlier. Pretty dumb for the most part (although I doubt it was meant to be taken 100% seriously), although the scene with the goth chick dancing to Bauhaus was pretty good, and the Asian chick had nice boobs...

I've found that I usually don't enjoy horror movies...they either seem stupid or freak me out completely...

Enjoyed:
-Alien
-Aliens
-Alien 3
-Alien Resurrection
-A Nightmare on Elm Street (original)
-A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
-Friday the 13th (original)
-Friday the 13th Part 2
-Halloween (original)
-Freddy vs. Jason
-The Wicker Man
-The Shining
-Lifeforce
-Planet Terror
-Videodrome
-From Dusk Til Dawn
-Sleepy Hollow
-The Wolf Man (remake)

Thought were dumb:
-Night of the Demons
-Killer Klowns from Outer Space
-Breeders (good nudity, though)
-Necropolis
-Drag Me To Hell
-Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
-Bram Stoker's Dracula
-H.P. Lovecraft's The Unnameable

Got freaked out by:
-The Sixth Sense (hey, I was young)
-The Ring
-The Devil's Chair
-Cube (not really horror, but certainly gorier and more disturbing than anything I had seen at the time)

EDIT: Hmm, looking back at this list, maybe the good have outweighed the bad in the end...