View Single Post
Old 12.12.2009, 10:53 PM   #22
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
You're fucking kidding! I was at that show if it was the summer one, which was '85. They cleared the fucking room give or take about 6 of us sitting with our jaws on the floor muttering, "Best band in the fucking world..." over and over. My head was buried in Thurston's monitor, which is why I think I don't really age ever since.

If you were at the show before that (earlier in the year), I'm actually even more envious because the was Sonic Youth, U-men, Green River. The line-up for the one I was at was Sonic Youth, Upright Citizens (hardcore band from Germany, not bad at all that night), and Green River. Being a serious U-men fan, I still feel I missed out by not getting on the boat quite as quickly.

I've seen Thurston play maybe 30 times since then, but it will be cool to see him on stage with somebody he must approach with some serious reverence. Jandek's last show in Portland may have been the best live performance I'd seen since that Sonic Youth '85 gig.

I was at the GR show, Gorilla was a hell of a venue, huH? Had to love them 15 cent gin an tonics.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|