View Single Post
Old 07.23.2013, 12:35 PM   #3444
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'd say the USA punches above its weight.

I can agree to that, but if anything, that makes it all the more enjoyable, we're a scrappy ass underdawg that can get a few great surprise punches against heavy-weight teams and knock em on their ass when they least expected it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
So is it common for US sports' fans to switch teams like that? I've supported West Ham all my life knowing they'll never realistically win anything and even when at times they've been utterly dislikable. It's just that's where I'm from. And part of the enjoyment is a doomed loyalty. Otherwise we'd all just be Man U or Bayern or Barcelona fans.

Also @ MadCap..
If you're city doesn't have a team then people tend to sort of more or less pick one. For me, after the Raiders collapsed in 2002/03 I decided to get into the Ravens because of their smash mouth defense and hated on persona. Raiders left LA, I supported them for almost ten years after they left, an that stupid fucking franchise just kept making boneheaded decisions, costing us a HOF coach (who went on to Tampa Bay and subsequently whooped Raider's ass in the Superbowl) and many great players. I figured, fuck it, if Raiders left LA, why have I been so faithfully supporting them for several years after? All Ravens ever since, though I'm developing a sick bromantic crush on the Hotlanta Falcons.

As to basketball. In LA Lakers got just as ugly, Kobe got accused of raping a woman, the locker room was a disaster, our beloved Shaq left town in a rage VOWING to win a revenge Championship, and the Zen Master got fired! Meanwhile LA legend Pat Riley has this young phenom named Dwyane Wade and Shaq is convinced, and that was enough to convince me. Two years later? I was celebrating Shaq's revenge Championship which he did indeed promise to give (and had kobe not chased Shaq out of town would have been in Los Angeles). So I been with the Heat. However, I like to follow teams from both conferences, East and West, so I got back into the Lakers after the hoopla died down and Phil came back. I was at the Laker parades dancing in the street for real! Great moment for Los Angeles.

Y'all can call me front running for following several teams concurrently but I really enjoy my sport, its just coincidence that several of them in the past ten years of my following them won it all. Besides, who the fuck is honestly bandwagoning on Baltimore?? Ravens got to be the LEAST RESPECTED TWO-TIME SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS in history!!!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|