View Single Post
Old 03.18.2011, 02:30 PM   #133
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrazors
Just a general vinyl question here.....
I've only just recently got a turntable again. Does anyone know what is the deal with the 180g vinyl reissues? I can understand that if the vinyl is heavier, it's less likely to warp, but surely the cut is the same, or similar? I fail to see how they could sound any different to the original, without some kind of adaptor, or, heh, even a weighted stylus.
Is it just a clever marketing gimmick? Anyone know?

"
"180 Gram" refers to the mass of the glob of vinyl (called a biscuit) that used to press the disc. One twenty and 150 gram pressings are thinner, and hence cannot be cut as deep as a 180 gram pressing. The deeper the cut, the more musical information that can be contained in the groove."

but if the pressing sucks, or the mastering sucks (analog vs digital masters) the result may not have much value
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|