View Single Post
Old 09.14.2017, 11:53 AM   #3050
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I've been having an ongoing inner debate about the violence issue myself. I made the same decision you did, to stay above it as much as possible, but I've been having trouble with that lately. I'm not going to start participating or inciting anything violent — not yet anyway — but I agree, it's becoming more and more difficult to maintain a position of unwavering pacifism.

I don't have an answer. But I will check that video out.

(You should watch Alex Jones as Bon Iver though. it made me laugh like crazy, despite everything.)
im not talking about physical violence but verbal violence.

take for example the dude in the other page. i found his speech consistent with white supremacist discourse/propaganda and decided to call him names and tear him a new asshole.

did i convince him of his wrongs? of course not. now he can claim victim status (antigerman discrimination) and is probably more recalcitrant than ever in his position.

doesn't the alt-right portray themselves as victimized to justify their abuses? don't they claim that multiculturalism is "white genocide", etc.?

so-- the shit will continue indefinitely, the cycle of victim-bully perpetuated forever. and my aggression does not help, it just provides fodder for more shit. endlessly.

then again history celebrates churchill over chamberlain. doesn't help that we have such role models (or that outside of his ww2 role churchill was his own kind of asshole).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|