View Single Post
Old 07.10.2013, 10:11 PM   #45574
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
This album has been praised by just about everyone I know, including non Bowie fans. I have yet to read a negative review of it, and it's probably going to win awards and push Bowie into a new creative era... But man, I think it's pretty damn boring.

I must be the only one, so clearly I'm full of shit. Starry eyed over the mere idea of the album, I played it a lot at first, but I just don't think it sounds like a Bowie album. It reminds me of those comeback albums by classic artists that ran rampant in the late '90s; designed to make Neil Diamond cool like Johnny Cash.

I'm a Bowie fan. I go through phases of outright fanaticism, usually revolving around his '70s and early '80s output. Station to Station is one of my favorite records of all time, period. So is Low. I listen to the Earthling remixes more regularly than anyone I've ever encountered. But I just can't really get with this one. Then again, it's hard to find a great Bowie album that doesn't sound like his worst to at least some of his fans.

I really enjoyed your take on the new Bowie album. I too played it all the time after purchasing it the day it was released. Then, after a solid month or so of heavy listening, I haven't listened to it in over two months.

Being a fellow Bowie fan, I'm curious as to your take on the album cover? For whatever reason, it bothers me more than anything???

After the "big push" leading up to the release, I haven't heard much about Bowie or the album since a 7" was released for Record Store Day.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|