View Single Post
Old 08.26.2006, 03:42 AM   #4
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I had a That Petrol Emotion tape when I was in high school. I can't even remember the name of it.

That's pretty awful when out of that pathetic top 10 "Birthday" by Sugarcubes should, in fact, be number one.

there's no songs here from R.E.M. - Document here at all, nothing from Huevos by Meat Puppets, nothing from Camper Van Beethoven Vampire Can Mating Oven, nothing from Warren Zevon Sentimental Hygiene, nothing from Sonny Sharrock Seize the Rainbow, nothing from Black Flag Who’s Got the 10½, nothing from Waits Frank's Wild Years, nothing from The Joshua Tree, nothing from Springsteen's Tunnel of Love...there's not even one from The Cult - Electric (you would think that would be sucky enough to place amongst some of these picks)
I omitted the ones I wouldn't concern myself with in a list like this...

what i've chosen to leave behind are all good songs to some degree. as for the rest...the ones I omitted...who fucking cares?...they belong to the fucking dustbin.

1. Sugarcubes - Birthday

7. New Order - True Faith

12. Smiths - Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
13. Sonic Youth - Schizophrenia
14. Public Enemy - Rebel Without a Pause
15. Smiths - Girlfriend in a Coma
16. Jesus and Mary Chain - April Skies

18. Big Black - Colombian Necktie

24. Smiths - Half a Person
25. Smiths - Death of a Disco Dancer
26. The Fall - Athlete Cured

32. Prince - Sign o' the Times (there's at least 5 songs on that double album better than the title track, but whatever)

34. Smiths - Sheila Take a Bow

36. Eric B & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul
(this is a good song, but would it ever make it into a top 50 songs of 1987 that I would choose? No fucking way. It might ... might make the top 100, but I severely doubt it.)

37. Sonic Youth - (I got a) Catholic Block
38. Public Enemy - You're Gonna Get Yours
39. Jesus and Mary Chain - Kill Surf City
(this is the best fucking song JAMC ever did)

42. Big Black - L Dopa (way down here at number 42?)
43. New Order - 1963
44. Butthole Surfers - 22 Going On 23 (nice choice, but what About Bong Song? The Colored FBI guy?
Kuntz?
What about Graveyard!!!!!!!!!!?????????
In short, the list sucks.
"Festive" my ass; it's outright depressing in its mediocrity.
45. Smiths - Shoplifters of the World Unite (this is piss poor that this is at number 45...it should be in the top 10 second only to tracks off of Sister)
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|