View Single Post
Old 01.05.2007, 08:21 AM   #30
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
My name is !@#$%!. I went to this party in a basement and these bands were playin' hardcore music. The crazy thing is I had just watched a documentary called American Hardcore. Creepy, right? So naturally I immediately thought to myself that this must surely be a trend and that hardcore was making a huuuuge comeback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
So the other day, it was new year's eve, i showed up at a concert that featured a bunch of hardcore bands-- it felt like a time machine, since just a couple of weeks earlier i had watched "american hardcore", and now there i was, in a small basement of a house where band after band played-- it was really fucking good, had a great time, etc, but i was wondering about the archaeology of it all... when did this begin again, & all? anyone knows?

I wasn't aware that playing (usually very bad) hardcore in basements at parties ever went away, !@#$%!. When did it ever become a novelty to remark on as such?
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|