Thread: Syr 6 & Syr 8
View Single Post
Old 12.28.2011, 04:35 AM   #9
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
I consider the SYR's to be proper albums in and of themselves, except for 1.

I think some of their SYR material represents some of the band's most incredible work.

Goodbye 20th Century, for example, though not the best SYR, is DEFINITELY a Sonic Youth album, right alongside their major-league players like ATL, if only because it's a double album and has kickass cover art and is incredible.

Just my opinion, though. But I think GB20th belongs on the official discography.

As a matter of fact, Syr4 is put into "official" discography at least these sites discography (look in archives).

Maybe Syr 2, Syr 3 and Syr 7 are little better than syr6, but thatīs only because there are some periods in Syr6 that are too long in my opinion.

About the Dead I have the first album, Anthem of the Sun, Aoxomoxoa, Live/Dead and In the Dark and I love them all.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|