View Single Post
Old 08.08.2018, 04:57 PM   #524
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
No biggie.

Music is a subjective delight.

what I find tedious and uninspired can make you dance, and vice versa.

I do not look to Hip Hop for wisdom or advice or anything relevant to my day to day experience. I am a 46 year old Puerto Rican. Us Puerto Ricans created Hip Hop just as much as african americans, but we are left out of the history and conversations.

When I listen to Kendricks albums I am left with the impression I have heard it all before. I do not feel surprise, or joy, or fun, or whimsy, or fear, or suspense... I feel all those things when blasting Young Thug, Future, 2Chainz, Public Enemy, OUtkast, etc.

Hey don’t mistake my shit-talking for actually being mad that you and I have different opinions. Lol. I like taking to you about music even though it’s FUCKING INFURIATING!! Haha.

I’m genubely surprised that you think Kendrick is same old same old though. I guess I kinda did at first... back when louder (ever ahead of the curve when it comes to big time rap artists) was first hyping him. But the more I listened to good kid, mAAd city, the LESS it sounded like anything else.

Art of Peer Pressure did it. Nobody who previously toured with G-funk ever made something so seething and haunting. Narratively, it’s a marvel. The whole album is. But I would listen to any of it if it didn’t make me feel awesome.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|