View Single Post
Old 05.26.2017, 07:46 AM   #122
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
"The Sweetest Taboo" is fantastic. There are about five Sade songs I'm crazy about.

I'm not a massive Joel fan, but is this really the ONLY one you like?

Jesus fuck. Will I listen to this at some point today, out of curiosity? What list could he be talking about? A listen will only be a few minutes. But will those few minutes ruin me forever?

I don't interpret the thread title as saying you only have to like one song by artists you don't usually care for. But I think Allentown might be his only really solid song. Piano Man is OK but has been played to death over the years. Only The Good Die Young is OK but too smarmy, like so much of his stuff. New York State Of Mind would, like the Toby Keith song, be better if sung by someone else. In fact, I remember hearing a jazz guy do a good version of it. I'll see if I can dig up the name.

As for Keith, the list contains errands and chores around the house he has to do. Again, the song would be a lot better if someone superior to him--and that's a pretty large group of singers-- sang it, as his delivery is kind of annoying. But don't worry. If you listen to the tune, you won't be tempted to wear a Make America Great Again hat or buy out the stock at the nearest gun shop. Honest.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|