View Single Post
Old 10.30.2014, 02:01 PM   #18216
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i liked argo okay, with a very funny streak throughout (the old producers, etc.) but i don't recall it blowing my mind or anything. very entertaining though. certainly not "best" anything except maybe for alan arkin.

as for historical inaccuracies, they are legion, but this is my main beef-- that in the face of such a collaborative enterprise as the hostage rescue, hollywood's americanizing ideology overemphasizes individualism and always insists on propping up the lone hero-- even when it depicts a team effort, it always needs a "main guy" to worship from beginning to end. the center of it all. that is more toxic and pervasive than taking mere historical license to serve fiction. i keep faithfully waiting for the 2nd coming of eisenstein to liberate us from these delusions.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|