Thread: MBV reissues?
View Single Post
Old 05.16.2012, 04:45 PM   #11
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
The EPs were recorded for the volume they were originally presented at. Making them louder without remastering them would sound shitty.

On the new comp, some songs sound much better and others sound "louder" without being remastered and it kills them and ruins the dynamic. Louder didn't mean better in this case really, I would have been happier if the final results on some songs were less muddy sounding. Thankfully they fixed most of that on the comp, making it louder wasn't really an issue.

Also, I guess I mistook " definitely need to be louder" for that being the way to improve the sound. Silly me for simply pointing out that doesn't exactly increase the quality.

Geez, sorry.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|