View Single Post
Old 07.30.2013, 11:21 AM   #1
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
so im reading this list of "basic human needs" (post-maslow) and i see there listed next to each other "identity" and "freedom"
  • subsistence
  • protection
  • affection
  • understanding
  • participation
  • leisure
  • creation
  • identity
  • freedom
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundame...ation_of_Needs

identity is belonging (to a group, obviously).

then later thinking about global corporate rule (which got me started on this "basic human needs" search in the first place) i remember how belonging and freedom can so often be at odds, i.e., "this is what we as a group do and you can't break the rules"

then i realize (it's not like i invented gunpowder, but anyway, even 2+2 requires an operation) you can have your cake and eat it if you have power. you simultaneously belong (at the very center) and have freedom (to create rules). needs = met.

a society of free individuals would have to be by necessity (?) one of reasonably distant and loosely associated people. a frontier-like kind of environment with little personal fiefdoms.

crowd people in cramped quarters and with all the mandatory belonging and competing drives for "freedom" (to lord it over others) a hierarchy will quickly emerge.

for this very reason I AM MOVING TO ANCTARTICA.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|