View Single Post
Old 04.20.2010, 08:48 PM   #6
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
did you see why?
he does not like seeing an 11 year old girl murdering people, and he did not find it to fit with the cynical advertising gimmicks they are using to try and sell it as some sort of kids-try-to-ape-ninja-turtles flick.
it is one man's opinion. Ebert is always good for a read. I do not agree with him on some movie reviews, but he explains himself in a way that lets me know what the movie is really about. sometimes he hates flicks but the way he describes them make sme think I will like them. that is a GOOD critic.

the story I posted is great though man.

This sums up why I read Ebert pretty well. I often disagree with him. But at least I feel he's serious about whatever he's reviewing, and justifies what he says in an interesting/well written way that actually conveys something of the tone of the movie...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|