View Single Post
Old 04.02.2006, 05:02 AM   #11
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The song they played on Letterman I actually preferred to the other things i've heard but it was still awful...to be fair, (to seem fair) i've never given them much of a chance (& I'll never hear a whole album by them God willing) but the reason why I haven't is that everything i've heard by them sucks. the music sucks, the singer sucks & i don't understand how these people have a recording contract & distribution at all. Apparently contrived crap like this is this what passes for music these days & gets the attention of booking agents over at the Ed Sullivan Theater. Are they better than Beth Orton? Yeah, possibly, but only because that shit is utter tripe. There's little relation in their respective sounds, but there's a whole lot of relation between the two when it comes to media hype. It's crazy but it's just because there are certain aspects about YYYs that make them not completely a cookie-cutter band & as a result, they get press that they are something special & truly different that you have to hear. They're not special, so special. I've got brass in pocket that says they are your typical townie band braying bullshit. Did I mention that they suck? They suck. Hard. Fuck "fair". I really, really dislike this band. There's nothing worse than poseurs polluting art rock with their pedantic antics. Bands this bad even make The Strokes & The Arctic Monkeys look somewhat more credible. At least with somebody like Ashley Simpson or Avril Lavigne you know what you're getting. Teenagers might think it's (neo) new wave punk, but adult music lovers should know that it's just a very poorly executed heaping helping of hackneyed hacked-together hack-rock. Sound harsh? They deserve even harsher criticism.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|