View Single Post
Old 11.23.2017, 06:47 AM   #21852
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't seen it in years either. I do remember a feeling at the time of wanting to like it more than I actually did, but I can see it getting a bit of a revival in the current political climate.

I've always liked Michael Douglas. Around that time he seemed to have a real instinct for films that, however mainstream, would touch on some quite controversial ideas. The kinds of films people argued about in newspaper columns and around dinner tables, not so much about whether they were good or not, but what they might be saying in a broader sense. Besides Falling Down, I'm obviously talking about stuff like Fatal Attraction, Basic Instinct, Disclosure and Wall Street. A much more interesting figure in Hollywood than I think he gets credit for. Even before becoming a star he was producing films like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and then later on, when he could've easily taken things easier, taking on risky films like Traffic and Behind the Candelabra. Obviously not just your average A-List mega star.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|