View Single Post
Old 10.31.2017, 10:04 AM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I’m not saying right away or else nothing. I’m just saying I should have asked about that right away. Certainly he/they should wait until they’re ready/able to play live and reliably sound good. And if they’re not into it, no need.

Just saying, I think one of the things a lot of people still think when they hear new music they like is, “where can I see these guys?”

oh, right. previously i was addressing your sentence “But if you want to do this, this really has to be part of your thing.”

i was just saying no, really doesn’t have to. if he likes making content and doesn’t need the rest then that’s his business.

i don’t get the same reaction maybe cuz i grew up in a 3rd world country listening to bands i liked on cassette tapes dreaming of maybe someday seeing them live but knowing i wasn’t gonna or that they were already dead or whatever. so the live gig is not central to my experience, though they’re nice.

a funny story about a live gig i went to though.

one time this cuban singer-songwriter comes to the cuntry for some special event.

sells out a huge fucking arena. i got student tickets.

he comes in gets massive applause starts the show. he’s in the middle of singing something and suddenly the whole audience joins him for the chorus.

and after that he’s like “how is this possible? i’ve never sold a record here!”

ha ha ha ha

cassettes

anyway, i like live gigs, but i’m used to scarcity and making do with what’s at hand and listening to dead people. it’s like that lou reed radio song a little bit. how does it go

gonna copypaste the central bit

Jenny said, when she was just five years old
You know there's nothin' happening at all
Every time she put on the radio
There was nothin' goin' down at all
Not at all

One fine mornin', she puts on a New York station
And she couldn't believe what she heard at all
She started dancin' to that fine-fine-fine-fine music
Ooohhh, her life was saved by rock 'n' roll
Hey baby, rock 'n' roll

Despite all the amputation
You could dance to a rock 'n' roll station
And it was all right
It was all right
Hey babe

im never gonna see lou reed live now. or fats. let’s play some fats.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|