View Single Post
Old 10.18.2013, 01:01 PM   #3220
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
OOOHH, I have not read that! I am 2 chapters into the De Rios book. fucking awesome.

I will have to dig up that Allegro book!

BTW. on the book of Face, I tried to add this "Psychedelic Journey" book to my "Books I have read" list and it does not have a record of it. Dang.

This is from the introduction by Wade Davis an ethnobotanist and anthropologist.

"What I find odd is that when we consider all the ingredients in this historic recipe of social change that has taken place over the past half century, there is one contribution that is consistently expunged from the record: that of the untold millions of men and women, old and young, who willingly and with delight have lain prostrate before the gates of awe, having taken one of these remarkable magical plants.
The opposition warned of dire consequences, insisting that these substances could irrevocably and permanently alter the mind and body of anyone exposed to them. What these people in their fear failed to understand was that this is precisely the point: we wanted to be transformed."