View Single Post
Old 12.18.2009, 03:50 PM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
someone on here whom i can't remember the name of posted that they were reading this. i had read a part of it in plan b years ago and immeadiately ordered it upon learning ian svenonius had written a full length book. absolutely fantastic. Its a zizek like (someone needs to make sure he's aware of it) expose of centuries of artistic ideology - hitler's wagnerian obsession leading him and nazi germany to romantic self destruction, alan greenspan as godfather of electroclash and freak folk, seinfeld as gentrification propaganda, dylan as capitalisms ideological hero - amazing! a landmark deconstruction of rock, punk, and art's role in capitalism. everyone who works in these mediums should at least become aware of the points he's putting across. at times it reminds me of baudrillard's a system of objects - when it talks about the time aspect of recorded music and how static art such as paintings are rendered almost obsolete by it. it came out on drag city in 06 and should really get more attention.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|