View Single Post
Old 01.06.2016, 01:23 PM   #47638
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Time Out Of Mind: BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF THE GALAXY.

I much prefer OH MERCY, if it's fair to compare the two. I think it is. So have fun with "Make You Feel My Love" and "'Til I Fell in Love with You" and throwaways like "Dirt Road Blues" while I enjoy OH MERCY and won't have to skip a single track.

I kid. Sort of. "Love Sick," "Not Dark Yet," and "Standing in the Doorway" are amazingly great songs.

I've had a long relationship with the man's music. I stepped away for quite a while, but I'm getting back into things. Reading a ton of bios, re-listening to the records and coming to new realizations (Under the Red Sky isn't so bad; Planet Waves kind of sucks). Last night I fell asleep in bed reading Chronicles.

But how many more Dylan albums can there be? So I've been cautious with the newer stuff. I'm not very familiar with the last decade or so. I'll get around to it. They are waiting for me and I will heed their call. But maybe I'll wait til he dies. Still, out of curiosity, I put on TEMPEST and the first track was so fucking good--a very worthy entry in the "train song" genre--I might go ahead and absorb that one into my bloodstream.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|