Thread: Autechre
View Single Post
Old 09.23.2009, 07:06 AM   #31
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with most of what you've said
Wouldn't call Untilted the best Autechre album though ; but it's all about opinion of course! My favorite would be Confield. Which also quite fits the definition of an album you can listen to 1000 times while still finding something new ...
It took me around 10 listens to only begin to understand it completely. And I must admit now I can't understand why I thought there was almost no melody in that record ; I see them anywhere now. Another thing I like about Confield is the fact that it kinda sounds like totally abstract, yet some little elements appear to keep it emotional, and in that they are kind of reinforced. Like for instance on the first track, there's this constant rolling sound which is kind of disturbing at the first, then the gorgeous synth comes on with this beautiful melody, which sounds even more beautiful after this two minutes of abstract.
Same with Pen Expers: an intense rhythmic crushing, in which slowly appears this growing, distorded synth, like rays of sunlight or something. Which makes it both groovy and beautiful. Uviol is another pure masterpiece ... Lentic Catachresis also ... oh wait basically every track on that record is a masterpiece
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|