View Single Post
Old 08.11.2011, 03:03 PM   #66
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
"Skip Tracer" and "Drunken Butterfly" are possibilities. They've played
those this decade, but not with Mark in the band. "Sugar Kane," "Kill Yr Idols," I'm sure I'm forgetting several.
Pretty sure "Skip Tracer" has been played with Mark Ibold in the band. There are recordings from 2007 that include it. If i have the chance to look into my archives i can provide proof. Sonic Youth were supposed to play that one the last time they visited Mexico City, but either Thurston forgot how to play it (unlikely, as it had been performed already a few times during that tour), or he was given the wrong guitar; so they ended up playing "Mote" instead. Conclusion: They can't be teaching "Skip Tracer" to Mark, as he should be already familiar with it. Excellent news, either way.