View Single Post
Old 08.12.2010, 02:00 PM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Think about this.

In 200 years we have sucked out, processed, burned, and discarded about 80-90% of the world's accesible petroleum deposits.

Those deposits contained the organic remains of hundreds of MILLIONS of years of vegetation and animal life.

In the blink of an eye, geologically, we have put hundreds of millions of years of captured carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases back into the atmosphere and ecosystem.

he equivalent of tens of thousands of Amazon jungles (the old amazon from 1880, not the current one that is 2/5 deforested) has gone up in smoke in less than 200 years.

Add to that the hundreds of years of mass coal burning and you more than double the amount of carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and other such greenhouse gases we humans have polluted our atmosphere with.

to claim that humans and human industry had no bearing on this is fucking deluded and completely dangerous to the wel-being of our planet. it hides the truth