View Single Post
Old 01.20.2014, 09:13 AM   #1
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Well, it had to happen sooner or later: the Interwebs brings you a brand new site, dedicated to exposing the inner workings of Sonic Youth Gossip. So let's be introduced to the "expose" site - the one and only SonikLeaks! (http://www.sonikyoofleeks.com)

The site isn't up and running just yet, but for all you SYG-ers here, we can announce EXCLUSIVE details of what you can expect from SonikLeaks:

- information pertaining to leaked argument/bunfight PMs - examples include Kegmama vs CryptoWonderDrugInVogue, chabib vs schizophrenicgirl, demonrail666 vs screamingskull, sarramkrop vs porkmarras, MellySingsDoom vs kingbuzzo, Cantankerous vs everyone, symbolguy vs khchris, and gmku vs EmmaH.

- A suppressed DJ clash report (penned by Genteel Death) which details a clash between demonrail666 and Glice at the Floral pub in Bethnall Green. Genteel Death reports that demonrail spends his entire set playing his 7-inch copy of "Rhinestone Cowboy" repeatedly, whilst Glice's attempts to "find the funk" by mixing together Iannis Xenakis with Showaddywaddy eventually cleared the room. Genteel mentions the audience present ("buncha Dalston hipsters yet again") and on proceedings in general ("What the fuck am I doing here? I could be down at Prowler instead!"). The clash was considered a win for demonrail, as he managed to conduct a singalong to his record.

- A deleted thread, started by Nefeli, in which she claims that she has a bootleg VHS tape that contains extensive footage of Keiji Haino in 1977, proving that he played all the guitar parts on Fleetwood Mac's million-selling "Rumours" album. Comments also deleted are from Toilet and Bowels ("Are you sure about this one, mate?") and Glice ("That wasn't Haino, Nefeli, that was Martin Bramah...everyone knows that!)

- a scan of a letter from the Frank Zappa estate, addressed to super-moderator stu666, in which they demand that SYG set up a new sub-forum, dedicated to the works of Mr Zappa. Stu's reply is much redacted, but contains the words "Wild Man Fischer", "Bongo Fury", "If you think I'm going to waste 45 minutes of my life listening to "Burnt Weeny Sandwich", you've got another thing coming", and "for the last time, Bob Bert did NOT drum for Boss Hog!"

- documentation proving that SYG's resident NYC man, tesla69, has the actual written tracklist for the material that went on to "Metal Machine Music" - (Side A="Vitamin Methedrine", Side B="Jonas Mekas Ruined Film-Making For An Entire Generation", Side C="God Curse Bernard Stollman", and side D="Why Doesn't Angus MacLise Like Me Anymore?"). this tracklist was handed over to tesla by Lou Reed himself, following a bet on an arm-wrestling match between the pair at the Knitting Factory, which Reed lost. Reed later gave tesla a Chinese burn in retaliation.

- proof that the lyrics to Sonic Youth's "The Eternal" were written by none other than jennthebenn. There's also detals of why jenn wasn't credited for the lyrics (Gerard Cosley wanted her to sign away the lyric publishing rights in exchange for unsold copies of the Homestead Records "Wailing Ultimate" compilation LP).

That's all for now, but there's more, so much more to come from SonikLeaks - the site that gives you the full lowdown on the world's number 1 Sonic Youth information and discussion forum!