View Single Post
Old 11.16.2007, 09:11 PM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
See, I never really thought about that, until I read an interview with Alex Newport where he talking about THeory of Ruin, and he said that a lot of people said that they sounded like Shellac ripoffs... and he said "If anything, I think we both sound like Gang of Four."

I also saw on that "Ask Steve Albini a question" thing, Steve lists Gang of Four as one of his major influences... and I think excellent italian greyhound, specifically "Be Prepared" has obvious Gang of Four homages...

Gang of Four had some really awesome EP's early in their career, I haven't listened to those in years.. there is some point where I was listening to Gang of Four, their album after their 3rd full length where it was just shit though.. I won't be pulling THAT one out..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|