View Single Post
Old 09.03.2010, 11:01 AM   #10
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Ten or more years ago I rented the film and watched it once to take note of all the SY music in the film -- I know I shared w/ alt.music.sonic-youth but don't think I have a copy anymore...I seem to recall there was a bit of SY score every few minutes, generally buried, often elements of 'Secret Girl', but that many of the tracks from the soundtrack were incorporated somehow. I remember the climax of the film involves the last 2 songs on the soundtrack, including that stark cut from the end of "Webb of Mud 3" into "Bachelors in Fur!".

True, only "Secret Girl" made the original motion picture soundtrack from '87/'88, so we're very fortunate that SY made their score available in '95. I don't think it's any secret that this is one of my top SY releases of all time, for reasons I can't even explain...something about the sound and the atmosphere (and the intriguing melodies) just takes me to another place. Another time, perhaps.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|