View Single Post
Old 05.30.2015, 10:26 AM   #47762
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Now I am listened all three first Minutemen-albums. Well, Double Nickels is of course also good, but not as great as those two other. Itīs like they lost some of their "madness" they have in What makes a man. Specially Boonīs voice doesnīt have same power. There are great songs like Nature Without Man, God Bows to Math, the Politics of Time. Also really love their CCR-cover. This album also not of course sounds mainstream, but I think it is any way much more straightforward than itīs predecessors. I donīt understand why they changed into that direction. I donīt also know their lifeīs situation that time, maybe they were tired of tours when making that record?

Also listened Revisited first time in my life as whole (can you imagine). Yes, I think there are something same even Revisited is better. Also White Album came into my mind, maybe because they both have lots of different material (which I think is a good in double albums, you donīt get bored).

I think itīs little bit wrong to call Minutemen just hardcore punk band, because I think itīs much more. Maybe this is only in Finland, but here hardcore punk means nowdays just that punk where every song is played with that uptempo beat. And singer really not sing. At first that term was also here just meaning of punk that is more extreme than normal punk. There was hardcore scene in Finland also in the beginning of eighties, but I prefer only Terveet Kädet & Kansanturvamusiikkikomissio from that. Latter was the only one, who was something else than that uptempo punk. Hereīs piece from them (I think you can hear influences from Birthday Party):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJiYg5IoMM
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|