Thread: crucifucks
View Single Post
Old 06.05.2011, 06:38 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, they're one of my all time favorites, though I would say wire is the best punk band ever. For simultaneously being punk as fuck and not punk at all. But mainly for saying fuck you to their own fans. No, I'm kidding. Mainly for making an AMAZING trilogy of albums and then the last 5 or 6 albums they've done are amazing too.

What really makes this band, to me, is the bass playing. Hell, the rhythm section in generla, but that rubbery, weirdly melodic bass playing. It's weird. Rarely do you hear bass as the "main" instrument, the main driving melodic force, I can only think of this band, Joy Division, and a small other few (in bands with instruments other than just the bass, of course; Lightning Bolt doesn't count), but they're all essential bands.

I love all their songs, though his voice makes it hard to sit through the whole album.

Also, one of the few bands to use voice/speech samples in an effective, interesting way that isn't annoying.

Great mix tape band. Always throw a CURCIFUCKS song on in the middle of a mixtape. Any song, doesn't matter. Works very well.

Kinda surprised SY never did a Crucifucks cover live, or something.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|